Hey, so you want to learn how to use WordPress?
Then you are in right place because here you learn will all basic things about WordPress.
It’s very easy to learn and use WordPress because here don’t require to know any type of coding.
I hope you already install WordPress on your hosting or on your computer. If you didn’t install WordPress then read this article to install WordPress on your blog.
Here I discuss every option and every feature of WordPress with screenshots.
Now take look at this list and click on that you want to learn:
- Why Learn and Use WordPress
- Login area in WordPress
- WordPress Dashboard
- Post Section on WordPress
- Learn Media, Comment, And Page on WordPress
- Manage Appearance on WordPress
- Learn Plugins on WordPress
- Users on WordPress
Why Learn and Use WordPress
Because of WordPress gives you control over every aspect of your website.
With WordPress, You can grow your blog and add extra features like an online store, forums, and membership.
And also There are thousands of free and premium themes available for WordPress. With this use of this WordPress themes, you can make an awesome website.
And many more reason on why use WordPress.
So I highly recommend you that you learn and use WordPress.
Login Area in WordPress Admin
It is very simple to log into WordPress admin panel.
First of all type www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin or localhost/WordPress/wp-admin in your search bar.
Now open a window like this:
- Enter username here that’s you enter during the installation process
- Here enter the password of your WordPress login panel.
- Click on forgot the password if you forgot your WordPress
- This option redirects you on your website.
So enter username and password and login into your WordPress dashboard.
In WordPress dashboard, you can see two option: Home and Updates.
Here basically you see Four options: At a glance, Quick Drafts, Activity, WordPress Events and News.
- In at a glance section, you can find the total number of post, pages, and comments that are published on your website.
- Here you can quickly draft your idea and after you can work on that post.
- In the activity section, you can see recently published post, page, and
- Here enter your city name if any events nearby your city you can see here.
You can change the setting of dashboard home by clicking on-screen option on top.
You can find here all updates of plugins, themes, and WordPress version.
- Here you can check updates of WordPress by clicking on check again.
- If any updates are available you can reinstall WordPress from here.
- Updates of every plugin you can find here and updates all from here.
- Here you see updates of your theme and you can update it from here.
Post Section on WordPress
In post section, you can add a new post or manage post that’s you already published.
Here you can find four section: All Posts, Add New, Categories, and tags.
So let’s see each section in detailed.
Here you can see all Published, Draft and trash post. And you can manage all post from here.
- You can add a new post by clicking on add new.
- With this option, you can take bulk actions on one or more post. Buck actions like delete or edit more than
- If you published many posts then this option help to find the particular post on the list.
- Here you can see authors, categories, tags of the post.
With this option, you can add a new post on your website. Yes with use WordPress you can add post directly.
- Here enter your blog post title. This is the main title of your blog post.
- This all is text customize options like Microsoft Word. With this options, you can do many things like Add Media, Insert Link, Bold, Underline, and more.
- In publishing section, you have a preview, save a draft and publish option. And also you can manage post publishing time from here.
- If you have knowledge of HTML then you can write code in this section.
- In this sections, you can add a category, add tags or set featured image in post.
Here you can add or manage categories of your WordPress website.
- If you want to add new category then add the name of your new category
- Now slug means your category URL like yourdomain.com/catagory/health.
- If you want to add a new category in any parent category then select here.
- Here add a description about your category which appears in your category page.
- Here you can manage already added categories on your website.
Tags: All options are same like category.😊
Media, Comments, And Page on WordPress
Here you can manage all media file (image, video, etc.) of your website.
And managing options as same as Post section so I hope you understand this thing. If any question you can ask in a comment.
Here you can manage all pages (like about us, contact us, etc.) of your WordPress website.
And in this section all options like post sections. And also you are so smart that’s why you can learn your self.
Also, you can directly duplicate any page in WordPress to save your time and work. Read this guide for more details.
Here you can see all comments that’s your visitor do in your post or page.
You can manage it all here and also give reply of comment from here. Either all option to manage is same as post section.
Manage Appearance of WordPress Website
In Appearance section, you can manage the look of your website. Here you can see six options: Themes, Customize, Widgets, Menus, Header, and Editor.
You can easily make any website mobile friendly with use WordPress responsive themes.
Here you can add and manage theme of your website. There are many free themes in WordPress directory and also you can try the premium theme.
But you are a beginner so I highly recommend you that go with free themes.
- You can add a new theme to your WordPress website from here.
- With this option, you can find an already installed theme.
- Here you can see which theme is running on your website and you can manage it from here.
Read this guide to learn how to add a theme on WordPress website.
With this option, you can customize your website with live preview.
- You can directly publish your change on the website with this option.
- If you want to change theme then you can do it with this option.
- This all options that help to improve the look of your website. Read this guide for more
- With this option, you can see Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop view of your website.
- Simply click on this icons to edit that section directly.
With you can add video, image, HTML code and much more on your website sidebar and footer.
- Here you can see all available Widgets and you can directly add this Widgets in footer or sidebar by drag and drop.
- In this section, you can see all the Widgets that already added in your sidebar or footer.
- You can drag and drop any widgets that you want to remove from sidebar or footer but keep their settings.
Here you can manage your website menus.
- Here two options are available: Edit Menu and Manage Location. With the first option, you can edit or add a new menu and with another, you can manage the location of your menu.
- You can select menu with this option and after you can edit menu.
- This all options you can add in your Drag and drop any of them.
- Here you can edit the name of the menu.
- This some setting of the menu. You can select here that the menu location. (This option may be different in your case, it depends on which theme you are using.)
With this option, you can manage header of the menu. Header means top part of the website which appears on all page and posts of your website.
It’s very simple and totally depend on your which theme is that you using in WordPress.
If you have good knowledge of PHP then open this section otherwise this is not for you. Here you can edit all files of your website themes.
So it’s good for you that don’t open this section. If edit any file without knowledge then it is harmful to your website.
Plugins on WordPress
A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions. The plugin can be added to a WordPress website to do your work fast and easily.
Here you can see three options: Installed Plugin, Add New, Editor.
Here you can manage all installed plugins. And also deactivate or activate any plugins with the use of WordPress plugin dashboard.
- With this option, you can add a new plugin to your WordPress website.
- With this option, you can go in plugins settings and also deactivate the plugin.
- You can search plugin in installed plugins.
You can add a new plugin on WordPress website with this option. Also, you can upload your plugin use wordpress plugin upload option.
- With this option, you can upload your own plugin and install it on your WordPress website.
- Here you can find your plugin by keyword, Author, and tag. And after you can install it.
- This option shows you that this plugin is activated on your website.
- Here click on install to install a new plugin on your website.
- This option shows that you already install the plugin but didn’t activate it. So click on activate to activate the plugin.
With this option, you can do change in the plugin but it’s required PHP knowledge.
So I highly recommend you don’t edit this all fill because that is harmful to your plugin and your WordPress website.
If you have good knowledge of PHP then you can manage plugins as your requirements.
Users on WordPress
With the use of WordPress, you can add many users to manage your website.
For example you higher any content writer to write articles for your website. Then you can give him Contributor role. With this option, he can only draft articles on your website.
Here you can see three sections: All Users, Add new, Your profile.
Here all options same as post and page section. Different is that in post section you manage to post and here you can manage all users.
You can add a new user, delete a user or edit user information from here.
With this option, you can add a new user to your website.
- Here enter a username, email, and name that’s you want to provide the new
- If a new user has any website then you can enter here.
- Select password for the new user or you can generate it automatically.
- Here select the role of a new user that’d you want to give him.
This is your profile and you can manage it from here.
Here you can change your name, email, password, etc. Also, you can add biographical information.
If you want to change your photo then go on Gravatar website and manage your profile photo from here. Make sure this profile photo see everywhere where you comment.